What is it like to be born into a family with a great lineage? I have pondered on this question many a time and it brings mixed feelings of pride and humility. The rich tradition makes me proud; its greatness makes me humble.
Akavoor Vasudevan Namboodiripad was my grandfather's grandfather..........My grandfather still cherishes the days he spent with his grandfather at "Murajapam" held in the erstwhile Travancore State now Thiruvananthapuram hosted by the Royal family of Travancore.
Hi Sreenath, this is Akavoor Rajan, the son of Malayalam writer and literary critic Dr Akavoor Narayanan and the grandson of Akavoor Vasudevan Namboodiropad. I got the chance to attend the recently concluded Murajapam. Who is your father and grandfather?
ReplyDeleteHi! Rajan, my name is Shashi Menon. I would like to speak to you. My mail id is cherukote@gmail.com. Do text me your coordinates. I will call you. My fathers side of the family hails from Vellarapili, Thekombhagam and was close to your father who was then associated with Delhi University. Thanks
ReplyDelete